In Social, renowned psychologist Matthew Lieberman explores groundbreaking research in social neuroscience revealing that our need to connect with other people is even more fundamental, more basic, than our need for food or shelter.
Social argues that our need to reach out and connect with others is a primary driver behind our behavior. The brain has evolved sophisticated mechanisms for securing our place in the social world. Our most private sense of who we are is intimately linked to the important people and groups in our lives. This wiring often leads us to restrain our selfish impulses for the greater good. These mechanisms lead to behavior that might seem irrational, but is really just the result of our deep social wiring and necessary for our success as a species.
Based on the latest cutting edge research, the findings in Social have important real-world implications. Our schools and businesses, for example, attempt to minimalize social distractions. But this is exactly the wrong thing to do to encourage engagement and learning, and literally shuts down the social brain, leaving powerful neuro-cognitive resources untapped. The insights revealed in this pioneering book suggest ways to improve learning in schools, make the workplace more productive, and improve our overall well-being.
The 2016 Spring Book Club will begin Tuesday, April 5th at 7pm- 8pm
Deadline to Register: C.O.B March 26th
Book Club Goals
· Relevant books from various industry leading thinkers
· Discussions to explore meaning and broaden perspectives
· How to integrate and apply any new knowledge to our work and/or personal life
You can look forward to
· Five (5) live bi-weekly, (4/5, 4/19, 5/3, 5/17, 5/31) web based sessions. Time: 7pm - 8pm
· Using screen share, chat, HD video (12 HD streams), & computer based audio.
Registration and Order process:
· SEVA ATD will provide a complimentary book to the first 12 SEVA ATD members (only) who register.
· Non-Members can participate with the cost of the book and FUZE attendance for a fee of $15.00. Non-Member must register via this registration to participate.
· Books will be ordered via Amazon and shipped directly to you. Please provide your address when registering.
©2018 SEVA ATD. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us | Follow us on:
Website Managed by SEVA ATD Board