Welcome to Transition Talent Network
A Hampton Roads Meeting Place for Career Professionals.
TTN is open to any adult looking to start, enhance, or redefine their careers in all types of industries. Membership in SEVA ATD is not required.
TTN will offer a range of professional development workshops to assist participants in their respective fields.
Topics this year include:
March 26th (In person Session)-
Developing a Positive Career Change Mindset
April 30th- (Virtual Session)
Get Out of Your Own Way: Strategies for Career Slump
May 21st- (In person Session)
Identifying Your Core Competencies for Your Effective Resumes
June 25th- (Virtual Session)
Relationship Management: Finding the Best Fit to your Career Mentor
July 23rd- (In person Session)
Enhancing Your Career with Your Side Hustle: StrengthFinders 2.0
August 13th- (Virtual Session)
Leveraging LinkedIn to Tap into Your Next Career
Developing a Career Change Mindset
In this session will we focus on using the power of visualization to create a career vision board that will help you reach your career goals this year and beyond.
Career discovery is a journey, and like any other personal journey you complete, it pays to try different techniques to create the results you desire. If you are having difficulty identifying your career goals, you might benefit from building a career vision board.
Creating a vision board is easy and fun. There is a whole industry available to help you build your vision boards (software, templates, etc.). Here is our simple five-step guide to building a vision board:
- Collect and bring in your images: Cut out photos and meaningful phrases from magazines. Look for pictures of people doing activities/occupations you find enjoyable and pictures that represent the type of work environments/people/work outfits/ or companies you’d like to be associated with.
- Bring your creative tools: tri-fold board or poster, colored pencils, pens, or markers. You will need scissors, tape and/or glue.
- Draft your positive affirmation to attach to your vision board.
- Bring in your blank career journal.
- We will develop and focus on your top five objectives for your new career or how you plan to enhance your career. We will revisit your objectives in each TTN session.
In-Person Location: Strayer University Chesapeake, 676 Independence Parkway- Third floor, Chesapeake, VA 23320
Virtual Sessions will be conducted via Zoom. Log-in will be email to you during your registration.